The GeODin "Universal Geotechnical Standard" (UGS) integrates DIN EN ISO 14688 and 14689, DIN ISO 720, BS 5930:1999 as well as GOST 21.302-2013 standards, in one multilingual object type. This is
ideal for projects where no specific standard for data collection has been defined.
Typical real world uses for the UGS object type are in the recording of geotechnical borehole data according to international standards and languages, as well as the presentation and documentation of well design and groundwater information. With the help of customisable data types, the results of field and laboratory investigations can be recorded for determining the suitability of soils for civil engineering projects.
The object type "Universal Geotechnical Standard" enables recording information on soil and rock to international standards in the three languages: English, German and Russian.
The following additional standards can be selected for geological layer descriptions:
- ASTM D2487 / Clark and Walker
- BS 5930 / Clark and Walker
- EN ISO 14688 / 14689
- GOST 25100 - 95 EN
Information on stratigraphy and discontinuities can be entered via additional masks in the layer data editor. Stratigraphic information encompasses eon, era, period and epoch; discontinuities can be categorised and specified in detail.
Detailed filter and groundwater information as well as aquifer data can be recorded in the well design editor.
Predesigned layouts for the presentation of general data, geological layers, samples, data sequences and groundwater information are provided in English and German.
- General data
- Layer data (with additional masks for recording stratigraphy and discontinuities)
- Sample data
- Well design data (with additional masks for entering data on well screen and aquifer information)
- Data sequences (CPT, SPT. etc.)
- Integration of international geological standards
- Multilingual (English, German, Russian)
- customisable dictionaries and data entry masks
- compatible with Version 9